I BLOG FOR FUN...

Feel free to pin photo's from this blog...I'm not one of those blogger's that will flip out and go on a rant about you "stealing" my photo's because you liked it enough to share it, lol. I am not a "professional decorator, cook, gardener" or "professional" anything else....I BLOG FOR FUN. Nope....not one of the perfect blogger's here. My house is not perfect, and you will never be led to believe it is. I simply cannot offer you "how-to's", nor will I leave comment's on your blog offering decorating advice...sorry. If you are one of the "professional blogger's" as I refer to so many of them these days, I simply am not interested in your invite to your linky parties...with YOUR strict instructions to follow YOUR rules, lol, in order to increase YOUR traffic. If your not here for enjoyment, then this simply isn't the blog for you.

7/21/14

A hutch full of love...

Ok, ok, so maybe it is not that mushy, but recently I asked the hubby to "build" me a hutch. His response was "show me a picture". Not a problem, I hop on my pinterest board and start showing him what I want. All of this time, he has thought that these "ideas" came from my head/imagination/creativity, lol.

 This is what he had to start with. It is an old dresser that was no longer in use. It is an odd size, but I just wasn't ready to let it go. Don't you just love it when you have those "AaaaaHaaaa" moments??

 We sketched out a plan and got to work. I wanted this top to match the wood that was going to be used for the shelving and back of the hutch, so it involved some stripping.....which I said that I would not do again the last time that I stripped. Stripping is tough at my age!!

 But just look at her, she was worth every bit of the stripping that I had to do in order to get her! Didn't he do a great job?? I just noticed in this picture that I have left off the knobs on the bottom four drawers. Don't you just love when your showing off and the pics show your "goofs"??

 She is massive, but this room needed massive. Our ceilings are 10ft tall, and he built her to be 8ft tall. Sorry for the poor pic quality, I think I need a new camera.

 I don't have a lot of expensive dishes, and never will because I just don't care anything about that sort of "stuff", so she is packed with junk and stuff.

I have never, ever liked this "formal" dining room...mainly because I am not a "formal" person. Every time I change this room, I hope this is it, and then I change it again, and again, and again. Well, I hope this works for us this time. I still have a list of things to do.....new lighting, rug, drapes, art....you know how that goes. I hope to have it complete by fall, wish me luck,

11 comments:

  1. Nice - Very Nice! Y'all did a great job on design and construction. My pics always show lots of goofs. LOL
    I also do not have expensive dishes as they are not used here. Casual dominates around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful, Teresa! I would have never thought to make her into a hutch! I love the color and the height is perfect! She is accessorized perfectly! I would have never noticed that you left the knobs off- funny how we always notice our goofs! I can't wait to see the additions of your drapes and rugs. You turned this dresser into a jewel! Hugs to Sophie and Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, even with the knobs left off:) You and your husband did an awesome job! Enjoy your day dear friend, sending HUGS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Teresa. You both did a wonderful job . a
    Happy today!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Teresa, wow, what a lovely transformation. Joint effort and some elbow grease. I also love how you dressed it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'm sure it was a lot of work but wow, was it worth it. I hope that you enjoy the room more now. :)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all are just soooo talented! I love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teresa. I'm a new follower and so happy to be able to commend you and hubby on the fabulous hutch. What a great job. I like what you've added to the shelves, too. Nice to meet you.
    ~Sami

    ReplyDelete
  9. This piece is just beautiful, Teresa! You and hubby did an awesome job, and I love that you filled it with simple treasures. Oh, by-the-way, I just knew you would be "stripping" again!

    ReplyDelete