I BLOG FOR FUN...

Feel free to pin photo's from this blog...I'm not one of those blogger's that will flip out and go on a rant about you "stealing" my photo's because you liked it enough to share it, lol. I am not a "professional decorator, cook, gardener" or "professional" anything else....I BLOG FOR FUN. Nope....not one of the perfect blogger's here. My house is not perfect, and you will never be led to believe it is. I simply cannot offer you "how-to's", nor will I leave comment's on your blog offering decorating advice...sorry. If you are one of the "professional blogger's" as I refer to so many of them these days, I simply am not interested in your invite to your linky parties...with YOUR strict instructions to follow YOUR rules, lol, in order to increase YOUR traffic. If your not here for enjoyment, then this simply isn't the blog for you.

8/20/14

My mama's most recent project.....

Yes, she wants you to guess....but no, there is no prize if you guess correctly. Well, I could give you a sugar if you guess right. This has been so much fun for me......and my daddy.
Ok, this is not one of the hints. I am just showing you what my pretty little face looks like in case your the winner of the sugar.

The new project is in my fenced in area of the back yard. Have you guessed yet???

My daddy wasn't really on board at first, but when he saw that my mama wasn't going to give up on this project he knew he better give in and get to work. I have been right by his side the whole time, you know, chasing frogs that are in the big hole, scratching red dirt and getting my face dirty, and giving my daddy sugars for getting in this hole to play with me. Yes, I am sure he is in this hole for my benefit!!

My mama has lots of pictures, but when she started choosing the ones to show, she realized that daddy's underwear were showing in ALL of the pics because he is always bent over. She didn't figure ya'll wanted to see all of that, and....she didn't want daddy to use this hole to bury her in :(

Have you guessed yet?? I am getting ready to pucker up.....

Ok, Ok, she will give you a hint so that you can get a sugar and be on your way already....take a look at what is going on back here.

Here is the source for this eye candy, along with some other great ideas if you want to take a look. My mama's won't look exactly like this, but you get the idea, don't you??
She was really wanting this done in time to decorate it for fall, because ya'll know that is her most favorite time of the year, but we don't think it will be ready by fall. Along with this, the whole deck area will be "spruced" up, with a sitting area surrounding the new fireplace, and a huge new harvest table on the covered porch area that my daddy was suppose to have already built for her. Keep your fingers crossed that neither of my parent's end up buried in that huge hole before the slab is poured. So far, so good, but sometimes, well hardly ever, are they "on the same page" as my mama says on these projects that she comes up with.

We will have a huge get together and roast marshmellows  and have hot chocolate when we get this fireplace done, and yes, ya'll are all invited!
Ya'll know my sister, Annie, will be there. Yea, she is the silly one that loves marshmellows, and my mama always browns them for her when we have a fire outside.

16 comments:

  1. Well, well, well, so this is what you've been up to -- sweetly persuading that man of yours to do your bidding! With you and your hubby working on this project, I know it will be smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Very Nice! I see lots of outdoor get togethers in your future. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Teresa, this is going to be wonderful! Feel free to stop by my place and make another one! Lol!! I'm excited to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa...this is such a cute post!!! I really had no idea what your hubby was making!! I laughed so hard when you wrote that it might be a place to bury you in!!!! Well, it looks just beautiful you lucky girl!! Now get those marshmallows out, your cute little buddies are waiting!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! How exciting! I love outdoor fireplaces and I know yours is going to be spectacular especially with your decorating. Can't wait to see it done. And, I don't think I'll complain about the dogs tracking sand into the house. I'd die if it was red dirt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa,
    looks like it's going to be amazing! Can't wait to see it all come together! If you ever to decide to rent Hubby out, put me number 1 on the list!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful inspiration for your project! We both share our love of fall as a fav- can't wait to use our fire pit even more than we've done this summer. You will so love having fires and roasting marshmallows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that will be awesome! Can't wait to see it all finished and decorated for Fall! Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I can't wait to see the finished product! I have no doubt it will be beautiful and a lovely addition to your already lovely home. Hope you are having a nice weekend and perhaps relaxing a little bit. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is a big project to take on and won't it be wonderful :) I'm very happy for you. Love the red clay on your doggy's face and feet. I gave our Butchy a bath Friday and then gave him a treat of mash potatoes and gravy . . . he can up from the bowl with a gravy face. Cute but needing washed before he ran through the house, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you on Katie's blog and am now following. Look forward to reading more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! Teresa, this is outstanding! You will love this! We screened our deck in and added a fireplace; it has become my favorite space in the Fall and Winter! You know I love Sophie and Annie! I want to come back as one of your fur babies- dang, browned marshmallows! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're cracking me up! That fireplace is going to be gorgeous. I honestly thought the hole was going to be a swimming pool for Sophie. It didn't occur to me that it's a little too deep for her. I've been told a lot that I should've been a blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! I had no clue what was being created ~ can't wait to see it finished. I would love a space like that to enjoy when we do have the weather that allows it.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teresa, please share your completed fireplace!! I so have been wanting to build something similar. I bet it looks amazing and what a wonderful helper Sophie is!;) I hope that you and yours have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete