I BLOG FOR FUN...

Feel free to pin photo's from this blog...I'm not one of those blogger's that will flip out and go on a rant about you "stealing" my photo's because you liked it enough to share it, lol. I am not a "professional decorator, cook, gardener" or "professional" anything else....I BLOG FOR FUN. Nope....not one of the perfect blogger's here. My house is not perfect, and you will never be led to believe it is. I simply cannot offer you "how-to's", nor will I leave comment's on your blog offering decorating advice...sorry. If you are one of the "professional blogger's" as I refer to so many of them these days, I simply am not interested in your invite to your linky parties...with YOUR strict instructions to follow YOUR rules, lol, in order to increase YOUR traffic. If your not here for enjoyment, then this simply isn't the blog for you.

7/30/13

Come by and eat with us...

Yes, it is an open invitation. Ya'll know that I love to cook. I hate to start using up my "stash" so early, but I have had a long day, been in the road most of it, and just didn't feel like putting forth a lot of effort to prepare a meal, so........I just pulled out a jar of my semi-home-made pasta sauce. Take a look. Can you smell it??

Go ahead, take a bite. You know a good cook always taste of everything before they serve it. Well, actually, I taste it so many times, I am usually too full to eat by the time it is all prepared :)

 It all started with fresh tomatoes from our garden.

 Then a packet of this mix.

 Of coarse the directions do not call for this pesto sauce, but I use a jar of it in mine, along with a can or two of tomato paste for thickening. Actually, the sky is the limit, and you can add anything you want. Garlic and fresh herbs would probably be good also.

 I don't remember how many jars I ended up with, but while eating tonight hubby was kind enough to suggest that I do another batch or two while we still have fresh tomatoes :)


 I use the five cheese ravioli from the freezer section at wal-mart. Just boil, drain, and mix with the heated pasta sauce. (You can use any pasta you like, this is just my preference.)

Top with your favorite cheese, if you choose,  and I love this one.

There has been a lot of corn cutting around here too. I did this one cream style, so if you don't like the pasta dish, we can fix you some fresh veggies. Either way, if you stop by, you won't leave hungry :)

7 comments:

  1. I can smell it Teresa :-)
    I must admit... I have been so taken up with painting the last few months, I have neglected to 'put' up my sauce. I will have to take some time and do so within the next few weeks. I always do a big batch with farmers market ( I have all brown verging on black thumbs) tomatoes and save them for the coming Fall and Winter season.
    Thanks for making me rethink my priorities :-)
    Plus I promised my new DIL to show her how to make it from scratch and freeze them.
    Happy canning my friend.
    Trust summer is going wonderfully for you and yours.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks and sounds so good - much better than mine.
    Went to a 2 hr. meeting tonight, came home had a pimento cheese sandwich, glass of wine and called it dinner.
    Good to see you post again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I come... THAT looks SO yummy:) I am making salsa with my tomatoes this morning! Love having SO many tomatoes and looking for a way to save them for the Winter! Have a blessed day dear friend and thanks for inviting me to dinner:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you are some amazing cook! Everything you make always looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I'll have to try that ravioli.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm probably a day late and a dollar short, as they say, but your pasta sauce looks delicious! I love using frozen stuffed pasta and usually add a jar of sauce, like Classico. Oh, to have fresh home-grown tomatoes! I'll be on the lookout for that pasta sauce packet you used. Thanks for the meal inspiration! :-) Hope you are doing well.
    Blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete